Every once in a while a significant event occurs, or a birthday slips up on me and I need a gift. Something to signify that person is special to me. Today I need to make something for a friend who has been in and out of the hospital. For her something different. A wall hanging as unique as she. Here is what I came up with.
I think it turned out super cute. It will make her smile.
LET ME SHOW YOU HOW I DID IT…
Collect your materials and tools. A canvas of the size you choose. I am using the bottom to a sturdy lingerie box. You will need:
- 1 Paint Base Color (I used Black)
- 4 different colors of your choice (I have a purple, a light blue, a yellow, and a pink)
- Paint brushes of your choice
- A stuffed animal (Does not have to be a chameleon)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1 piece of chord
- Pick a quote or personal saying
- Paint the base color over whole project front and allow to dry.2. Three of your colors will be used for background. They need to blend only slightly. Be very light handed, and allow as much of the dark base to show as you wish. Allow it to dry completely.
3. Find the center line and mark it. Now you can use the center point to line for your letters. I am using dark purple for the letters themselves. A stencil could be used, but I free handed mine. You can do it however you are most comfortable. When free handing, letters can be made larger once you have all letters on and spaced to your preference.
4. Fill in letters, use as many coats as it takes to make them complete. You do not want any thin areas.
5. Now, I used my other colors and traced around the letters to make them look finished and really stand out. I also added some question marks in the base color for added decoration.
6. Once all the paint was dry. I used hot glue to attached the lizard. Then also carefully use the hot glue and attach the string to the back so it can be easily hung.