This simple casserole will have the finickiest eater trying yellow squash!
- 5-6 medium yellow squash
- 1 + 1/2 cup cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 TBSP onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional 2 TBSP of parsley for color
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rough chop the yellow squash and boil them until tender.
- Drain off water and place them in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher. I left chunks of squash, but you can mash them softer if you like.
- Add in eggs, onion powder, salt and pepper and 1 cup of dry bread crumbs.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a properly prepared casserole dish. Add the last 1/2 c. of cheese. And top them with the 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. Add parsley.
- Place in center of preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.