For those times when you need a little something for a touch of color, and when you forgot a coworker’s birthday. It is quick and easy to create your own beautiful tea candle. You choose, the color, scent and container.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 small package of melting wax per candle to make
- 1 taper candle per candle to make
- 1 container to make candle in (I chose clear)
- Ribbon & decorations to match
- A cup to melt wax in
- scotch tape
- Knife or box cutter
- Prepare your container(s) by removing all stickers and any unsightly debris.
Measure how tall you would like your wick and cut the candle carefully with your knife.
3. Use the scotch tape and using to separate pieces of tape for an X over the opening of the container. Using your knife poke a hole into the center of the X. Be cautious, do not cut yourself.
4. Gently take your “wick” and sit it in the center of the container, placing the top of the wick into the cut you made in the tape. This will hold it in place while you complete the candle.
5. Place the wax cubes into a microwave safe container. Place it in the microwave and heat on high in 30 second bursts, until the wax is melted. Microwaves vary in wattage so be sure to take this part slow. Remember the wax will he hot, use caution.
6. Carefully pour the wax into the container between the X. Fill it to the desired depth. Let sit and cool.
7. Once the candle cools and hardens it is time to decorate. Do not forget to remove your scotch tape X from the top of the container.
8. You can use any decorations you like. I used some left over ribbon and flower beads for mine. Hint: You might need to add just a touch of scotch tape to your ribbon to keep it in place. Do not worry it will not show.
9. Your candle is ready. Wrap it for a gift or place it in that certain space.