This colorful, sweet and tangy relish is a wonderful addition to a any meal.
FARM TO TABLE
- 2 cups fresh corn removed from the cob or 2 cans whole kernel corn
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C vinegar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In 1 bowl, combine corn with pepper, salt, & cooking oil.
- In an saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar & onion powder.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add corn mixture and cover.
- Refrigerate at least an hour, but longer is better.
- Drain to Serve.
I used some Peaches and Cream corn from the garden, and a can of sweet corn. Bell pepper was straight from the vine. Mm-mm!