This is another Farm to Table recipe. Green Beans were abundant. Need new ways to keep them from being boring.
- 1 quart of fresh green beans
- 1 C homemade bread crumbs (or store bought will work) + 1/4 C for topping
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can of milk (measure this in the soup can)
- 1/4 C regular Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter Spray
- Cook the green beans in a large pot until tender.
- Drain them and place them in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix soup, milk, mayo and egg until smooth.
- Stir in 1 C of bread crumbs, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the green beans and mix to coat.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish heavily with butter spray and fill with the bean mixture.
- Spread evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle last of the breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Spray the top breadcrumbs with butter spray.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
Enjoy! My family ate practically the whole thing. “Momma, can I have more green beans.” Music to a Momma’s ears!