My lovely daughter, Elyssa, wanted to make some prayer boxes for her Bible Study group. This requires Altoid tins. For a funny story about those tins, click here: funny story
To create the prayer boxes you will need:
- Altoid box (One for every person)
- Scrapbooking paper
- Stickers of choice for decoration
- Clear Tape
- White Glue
- Printed Poem or saying (optional)
- 1 piece of white printer paper
- 10 sheets of colored printer paper
- Decorative trim
- Hot Glue
- 1 piece of felt
- Remove mints and wash and dry the tins.
- With the pencil, trace around the box to create a pattern. You will need one for the outside and inside. The inside pattern should be slightly smaller than the outside one. Check your patterns with the tins before proceeding. This will save you a headache later on.
- Cut your papers for inside and outside. One for outside, and 2 for inside. (You will cut outside bottom from felt.)
- Add your decor for center, and letters as you wish.
- Tape the paper and the poem on the top inside of the tin. We also added a sticker there too. Cover all of it completely with clear tape.
- Decorative paper for inside bottom does not have to be glued unless you prefer.
7. We added rhinestones on the bottom between the trim, this is optional.
8. Cut paper small enough for inside the box. Ours is approx 1 1/2 by 3 inches.
9. If you cut your own paper, use stickers to decorate the edges of the paper, so that it matches.
10. Add a golf pencil or short pen.
11. Using the pattern for outside, cut a piece of felt for the bottom and attach it with hot glue.
These make a beautiful gift and can be created in a style that fits one’s likes.