This hearty, warm your bones chili is a great choice for church dinners, family gatherings, or a quiet night with a movie. Serves 8 very hungry men with left overs!
- Corn Chips (Top or bottom, you choose)
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onion
- Banana peppers
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 pound sausage (choose mild/medium/hot)
- 2 Goya ham seasoning packets
- 4 cans of Roasted garlic & onion tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 4 cans of chili ready tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed)
- 3 cans of dark red kidney beans (rinsed)
- 2 cans of light red kidney beans (rinsed)
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed)
- 1 medium red onion (diced)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Brown sausage and hamburger, and add garlic and Goya. Drain. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven on low heat place all beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Dice the red onion and add to dutch oven.
- Add meat and cover. Allow to simmer on low for 30-45 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Allow to sit covered without heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve with suggested toppings, and get ready to serve seconds!